2. subtraction, p. 47
4. fact families
6. practice addition and subtraction facts (grade level: 20/30 for addition & subtraction Mad Minutes)
WRITING What happened? Look at the picture of the rabbit (attached to homework packet) and write a short story about what happened to him/her. Give him/her a name, and tell the story about how he/she ended up in such a mess. Write your story on the paper with the picture.
1. Read for 20 minutes a night and record on your reading log. Remember a total at the bottom of the page and a parent signature.
2. Four Corners (p. 13)/Raining Frogs (p. 14)
1. Wrong Hats, p. 20
2. As I Went Walking, p. 26
3. Grammar, Language, Capitalization p. 17
• October 18 - Petaluma Pumpkin Patch field trip
• October 31 - Halloween Parade followed by class parties
• November 8 - Veterans Day Program
• November 9-10 - Veterans Day Holiday (no school)
• November 13-21 - Parent Conferences (12:10 dismissal)
send Halloween costumes to school in a bag with your child’s name on the
outside (they cannot come to school dressed in a costume). We will change into our costumes about 15
minutes before the parade. You are
welcome to come early and help your child get into their costume. Please do not use adult restrooms to help
your child change. Our class party will
follow the parade in the Multipurpose Room.